This term was used to describe connections between buildings with temporary bridges during construction. It was introduced to the Oxford English Dictionary in 1885 and originated from a cat’s ability to maneuver the small width & height of the catwalk without being fearful of falling. Now, it’s this:

This entry was posted in General Hilarity. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply